Since it'll be fall before we know it (eeps) I wanted to put together a summer to do list. While we're enjoying amazing summer-like weather currently in San Francisco, it's typically chilly in through September, but that doesn't mean I can't be in a summer state of mind. Here's my summer to-do list. I'd love to hear what's on yours in the comments.
1. Head to the beach after work. There's nothing our dog loves more than running in the sand and now that it stays lighter later, we can definitely squeeze in an after-work trip once a week at least.
2. Since I can't always wear summery dresses and tank tops, I'm vowing to paint my nails in summery shades all season long.
3. Two words: oysters + rosé. There's nothing more summery than a happy hour with two of my favorite things. We're headed to Leo's Oyser Bar tonight and you can't beat Hog Island at the Ferry Building, but Swan Oyster Depot and Bar Crudo have been on my list since we moved here.
4. Have friends over. Our place is tiny but we really enjoy having friends nonetheless. Summery meals feel easy breezy so it's a less stressful time of year to entertain, too.
5. Break up my routine. I can get into a rut easily, whether it's doing the same running route each morning or wearing the same skinny jeans a few days a week to work. It's amazing how much trying a new route or swapping booties for sandals makes a difference in my outlook.
6. Live music. We're trying to get our hands on some Outside Lands tickets and I've been checking for upcoming shows at The Independent, Rickshaw Stop, and The Fox.
Image 1 / 2