My husband and I don’t do anything major on Valentine’s Day. After too many years of overpriced, prix fixe dinners we have opted to cook a nice dinner in and usually just exchange funny cards. If I were getting him something though, it would be off this list.
- Maybe it’s my influence, but Ian appreciates a good candle as long as it’s not too overpowering. I think he’d like to unwrap this cheeky Tatine Love That Burns Candle.
- I'd write my Valentine something sweet on on this cute Sugar Paper XO Seal Note Card.
- Kiehl’s 'Facial Fuel' Energizing Moisture Treatment for Men - so he stops using my moisturizer!
- Fun cufflinks like these striped ones from Paul Smith will make the coming wedding season more fun.
- I love gifting Ian something small and inexpensive that is just cool and unexpected, like the Fisher Space Pen. Originally created in the 1940s and sent to space with the NASA Apollo missions, it’s unique and utilitarian.
- A Best Husband Ever Desk Sign because even if you don’t say it every day, it’s true.
- You seriously can’t go wrong with a box of chocolates, especially when they’re Charbonnel Et Walker Sea Salt Caramel Chocolates in a heart-shaped box.
- I adore clever little matchbooks and we light a lot of candles at our apartment so they wouldn’t go to waste. This one says Mon Amor so it’s perfect for February 14th.
- In case you haven’t heard, we have six more weeks of winter so a heathered beanie like this one from Herschel Supply Co. would make a good gift.
- Not pictured but in the carousel below: J. Crew x New Balance now has men’s items, which is perfect timing because Ian could really use some new workout clothes. My picks: the Cooling Workout T-Shirt in Stripe, the 2-in-1 Workout Short in Team Dark Green Combo, and the Half-Zip Pullover in Navy Marl.
P.S. The photo above was from a wedding during Valentine's weekend last year!