1. A subscription to The Economist so he can fill you in on everything they don't tell you on The Skimm.
2. A funny, portable game like Cards Against Humanity that you can play over beers with friends.
3. A cheese-making class you can take together. Here's one I found in San Francisco.
4. A cozy pair of PJs, because when would he ever buy that himself?
5. A new tie for all of the weddings you have next year.
6. Tickets to see Mortified Nation live. If you haven't heard of it, watch the documentary on Netflix.
More 2014 Short & Sweet Gift Guides:
Gifts for Your Girlfriends (Because What Would You Do Without Them?)
Gifts for Your Dad
Gifts for Your Mom (Who Will Still Love You Even if You Don't Get Her a Gift, But Really, You Should)
And more gift inspiration + what we'd like to unwrap this year, over on our To Give & To Get Pinterest board.