Inspired by Mackenzie, I've created a list of 101 things I'd like to accomplish in the next 1001 days. I'll still be sticking with my motto for 2014, but will give you updates to the below throughout the next 1001 days. Maybe you'll be inspired to create your own list.
See my list, after the jump.
Photo by Short & Sweet Blog / Image & text by Design Darling
1. Be more thankful. Write things I'm thankful for down if I have to.
2. Sit quietly at least once a day. With my iPhone out of reach.
3. Put my iPhone out of reach while driving (unless talking to family and friends with headphones). It can wait.
4. Leave my phone at home while running errands. On purpose.
5. Take the time to stretch before running.
6. Give myself manicures and pedicures. I find that I am always rushed when I go to a nail salon, but when I paint my nails at home it’s a relaxing experience.
7. Drink waaaay more water.
8. Stick to my one-diet-soda per week rule.9. Find out my blood type (and donate).
10. Update my glasses prescription. I normally wear contacts, but it’d be nice to have glasses for when my eyes are tired (which is every day when I get home from work).
11. Floss more than a few times the week before my next dentist appointment. Embarrassing but true.
12. Get new running shoes the moment I can tell I need them (as opposed to when I bruise my heel).
13. Sit up straight. All of those years of ballet are going to waste.
14. Figure out how to do a cat-eye. I’m hopeless with eyeliner but I'm sure someone on YouTube can teach me.
15. Get out of my hair rut. Lately it's either straight and down or up in a top knot. Boring.
16. Give myself an at-home facial (my skin will thank me).
17. Get my eczema under control. This isn’t exactly blog-worthy so I don’t ever talk about it. But I suffer from it daily.
18. Pay my credit card off. Completely.
19. Pay off my car, which is the first big purchase I made post-college. (I should be done in August!)
20. Build up my travel fund.
21. Make my clothing purchases more about investments than trends.
22. Go one month without buying anything for myself.
23. Donate my time to a charity.
24. Donate clothes that just don’t fit or work into my wardrobe and home items that we don’t use.
25. Take a cooking class.26. Come up with some new recipes for Meatless Monday. It's too easy to just make pasta.
27. Make a soufflé. There was a reason I registered for ramekins!
28. Make more cocktails at home. With the exception of margaritas, we rarely make cocktails at home.
29. Actually make the lunches I bring to work. Too much relying on Trader Joe’s pre-packaged lunches.
30. Learn to open a bottle of wine. I am not kidding. I suck at this.
31. Find out which red wine is my favorite. I definitely know I like Sauvignon Blanc when it comes to white, but haven’t found my go-to red.
29. See a taping of Jon Stewart in-person.
30. Go to the opera.
31. More weeknight concerts. Because it's always worth being tired the next day at work.
32. Read at least one news article a day.
33. Finish changing everything to my married name (I just ordered my new passport and voter registration is last on the list!).
34. Create a gallery wall in our apartment. (First, convince my husband that we need said gallery wall.)
35. Refresh the pictures in frames and on our fridge every few months.
36. Actually light my favorite candles (looking at you, Jonathan Adler Big Sur candle) instead of saving them.
37. Same goes with jewelry, shoes, and clothing. Why am I "saving" my favorite items? Life is too short.
38. Stop and watch the sun rise (as opposed to racing home from Pilates to start my day, only seeing the sunrise briefly from a stoplight).
39. Swim in the ocean. Actually swim, not just take a dip to cool off.
40. Take time to acknowledge successes with my career and blog, instead of just moving on to the next thing.
41. Take new professional blog photos.
42. Host a blogger event in San Diego.
43. Meet up with a blogger I admire for coffee.
44. Reach out to other women I admire for their career, blogging or otherwise.
45. Partner with more brands we love.
46. Read one career-related book per quarter.
47. Be featured for my career/blog work.
48. Commit to more outfit posts on the blog.
49. Attend more networking events (and put myself out there at said events).
50. Attend a blogger conference.
51. Watch 5 TEDTalks.
52. Update our blog media kit.
53. Start a new series featuring some of our favorite bloggers.
54. Reach more blog goals (followers, page views, etc.).
55. Pick up the phone and call someone at work instead of sending an email.
56. Resist the urge to respond to emails immediately. File away and read when I have time to read the whole way through.
57. Update my resume so I don’t forget my accomplishments.
Family & Friends
58. Send more “just because” cards.
59. Use my commute as time to call friends and family.
60. Ask more questions about what’s going on in my friends and family’s lives. Listen.
61. Put together a master birthday calendar so I never forget a birthday and am prepared with a card at the very least.
62. Compile a master address book.
63. Run another 10K with my husband.
64. Agree to the first restaurant my husband suggests.
65. When I do something around the apartment, like fold laundry, resist the urge to tell my husband. Why do I need a gold star? And why am I keeping score?
66. Cook for my husband more. He’s so much better than I am, but it’s the thought that counts, right?
67. Enjoy a spa day with my mom.
68. Help my mom learn how to use iTunes.
69. Help my dad learn how to get the pictures off of his camera. He takes such good photos but then we don't see them.
70. Start a new family tradition.
71. Say "thank you" to my family and friends more. I'm so lucky to have them.
72. Write the sweet things by niece and newphew do and say down so we all remember them at this age (almost-four and almost-three).
73. Ask my parents more about their lives before they became my parents.
74. Make a Short & Sweet blog San Diego guide.
75. Visit Stone Brewery.
76. Eat at Jane’s Gastropub. (Finally.)
77. Find a good local place for Dim Sum.
78. Walk to VGs and get a donut.
79. Order the bolognese at Prep Kitchen like I always say I am going to.
80. Spend a morning in Bird Rock, our old neighborhood.
81. Walk around a neighborhood in my city I've never been.
82. Have a staycation in San Diego.
83. Take photos of my favorite places in San Diego.
84. Take our boxer to dog beach in Del Mar.
85. Hike up to Potato Chip Rock.
86. Visit my alma mater, the University of San Diego.
87. Move out of San Diego. We love it but are itching for something new. Why not this year?
88. Go to Big Sur for the weekend.
89. Visit the same spot we got married (Mission Ranch in Carmel) on our anniversary.
90. Make an effort to drive to see friends on the weekends.
91. Get outside of the country (at least once).
92. Go camping.
93. Visit my brother in Dallas.
94. Visit my grandparents in Michigan.
95. Visit Ian’s brother in San Francisco.
96. Go to Palm Desert again for the weekend (we went last weekend).
97. Visit the Grand Canyon.
98. Go on a girls' trip.
99. Visit Santa Ynez wine country. We’ve been to Napa but Santa Ynez is so much closer and we’ve never been.
100. But also go back to Napa and Sonoma.
101. Make a list of trips I want to take.